Stan Sidhu is a Professor of Surgery and Head of the University of Sydney Endocrine Surgical Unit. He has one of the largest pure Endocrine Surgical (thyroid/parathyroid/adrenal) practices in Australia and is responsible for training local and overseas Endocrine Surgeons in Fellowship positions based at Hornsby and Royal North Shore Hospitals.
He is former President of the Australian and New Zealand Endocrine Surgeons Association (ANZES) and Chairman of the Section of Endocrine Surgery, Royal Australian College of Surgeons (RACS). He is the first Australian surgeon ever appointed to the Editorial Board of the Annals of Surgery.
Professor Sidhu performs more than 600 thyroid, parathyroid, salivary gland and adrenal operations per year. He offers:
- Total thyroidectomy for patients with multinodular goitre and Graves’ disease;
- Total thyroidectomy and central and lateral neck dissection for patients with papillary and medullary thyroid cancer;
- Minimally invasive thyroidectomy for patients with atypical nodules and toxic nodules;
- Minimally invasive parathyroidectomy for patients with sporadic primary hyperparathyroidism;
- Laparoscopic adrenal surgery for patients with small functional adrenal tumours;
- Open adrenalectomy and retroperitoneal lymph node surgery for adrenal cancers and malignant phaeochromocytoma; and
- Parotidectomy and submandibular gland resection for patients with salivary gland tumours, plus neck dissection if required.