Ramsay Health Care continues our commitment to the ongoing education of general practitioners and the wider medical community through the delivery of our CPD programs.
Ramsay has been a major provider of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) with the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP) since 2000, offering education across a wide variety of medical and surgical specialties. These activities are delivered in partnership with our specialists and other health care professionals as interactive, practical sessions with a focus on innovation, hands-on involvement, and practical tips.
From 1 January 2023, CPD requirements set by the Medical Board of Australia require all medical professionals to have a CPD home and:
- Complete an annual Professional Development Plan
- Undertake 50 hours of CPD per annum :
- 12.5 hours Educational Activities
- 25 hours combined
- Reviewing Performance and Measuring Outcomes
- Minimum of 5 hours for each category
- 12.5 hours free choice across any 3 of the above categories
In addition to the above the RACGP requires its membership to Complete Basic Life Support every 3 year cycle.